Learn the basics of the real tacos and surprise your family and guests with it. As a note, these are not “Taco Bell” tacos. These are the real thing!
- Real corn tortillas
- Beef meat (fillet or some kind of meat you would want to grill)
- Canned beans
- An onion
- Handful of coriander
- Avocado, turnips (optional, recommended)
- 1 Persian lime
- Buy real tortillas: This is maybe one of the most important things! You will need soft corn tortillas. You can find them in Mexican shops and “Tortillerias”, which is a small Tortilla Factory. You could even make them yourself from dried corn flour if you are willing to “get your hands dirty”. You could also buy a “Instant Corn Masa” Mix.
- Wash and disinfect the vegetables.
- Dice the onion.
- Chop the coriander thoroughly. Make it as small as possible.
- Grill the meat until you feel it is well done.
- Cook the beans in a pot. Once done put them in a small plate.
- While the meat is in the grill, warm the tortillas on a pan just a little, or warm them up in your oven/microwave. Put the tortillas in a plate.
- Once the meat is done, cut it in small squares, making horizontal and vertical cuts.
- Put the meat on one the side of the tortilla and cover it with the other side of the tortilla.
- Cut the lime by half (or quarters if it’s too big) and put it in the plate.
- Take everything to the table so everyone can add their own onion, coriander, beans and avocado. Once you have all what you want in your taco, put a twist of lime on top.