1. Use a topical antifungal lotion or cream. Mild cases of ringworm often respond to the application of an antifungal lotion. These preparations can relieve symptoms such as itching and kill the infection.
Get a topical antifungal treatment such as clotrimazole or terbinafine at a local pharmacy or medical supply store. Follow the packaging instructions or any by your doctor to treat the infection.
These treatments work by making the cell wall of the fungus unstable and causes membrane leakage. This essentially “kills” the infection.
2. Kill ringworm with honey. Rubbing honey on to ringworm may get rid of ringworm or prevent it from recurring on your skin. It also can help relieve any inflammation associated with ringworm.
Apply some warmed honey directly to your ringworm or spread a layer on a bandage and put it over the infection.
Change the bandage or reapply honey twice a day until the infection goes away.
3. Bandage ringworm with garlic. Place a few slices of garlic directly on your ringworm and then cover the area with a bandage. Garlic has antifungal properties that may kill the infection.
Peel garlic and slice the clove into thin sections. Put the slices directly on the infection and then cover it with a bandage. Wear the garlic overnight and repeat application every night until the infection disappears.
4. Apply apple cider vinegar. Like garlic, apple cider vinegar has medicinal properties. Applying apple cider vinegar directly on ringworm for a few days can kill the infection.
Wet a cotton pad with apple cider vinegar and rub it onto the ringworm.
Repeat this treatment three to five times per day for one to three days.
5. Dry out the infection with a paste. A salt and vinegar paste may kill ringworm. Apply the mixture for a week and see if it eases your infection.
Mix salt and vinegar into a paste and put it directly on the infection. Leave the mixture on your skin for five minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. It may take up to a week for salt and vinegar to kill ringworm.
6. Try essential oils. Tea tree and lavender essential oils have strong antifungal properties. Use either oil to halt the development of ringworm and kill it.
Mix a solution of tea tree oil and water, using equal parts water and oil. Use this mixture for up to a week on the infection.
Put a dab of lavender oil on the infection every day. Lavender oil treatments can take a bit longer up to a month to kill ringworm