We all know the English club “Chelsea” but in this post, we will reveal 20 interesting facts about Chelsea:
1. Chelsea is owned by Russian billionaire; Roman Abramovich.
2. Chelsea are the sixth most valuable football club in the world, worth £2.13 billion ($2.576 billion),
3. In 1904, Gus Mears acquired the Stamford Bridge athletics stadium with the aim of turning it into a football ground.
4. Stamford Bridge was designed for the Mears family by the noted football architect Archibald Leitch, who had also designed Ibrox, Craven Cottage and Hampden Park.
5. They have the sixth highest average all-time attendance in English football.
6. They won the FA Cup for the first time in 1970
7. The name Chelsea was chosen for the club; names like Kensington FC, Stamford Bridge FC and London FC were also considered.
8. Chelsea took their first European honour, a UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup triumph, with another replayed win, over Real Madrid in Athens.
9. In July 2003, Bates sold Chelsea to Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich for £140 million.
10. In 2012, Roberto Di Matteo led Chelsea to their first UEFA Champions League title, beating Bayern Munich 4–3 on penalties.
11. Chelsea is the first london club to win the UEFA champions league title.
Frank Lampard is Chelsea’s all-time highest goalscorer.
12. Chelsea’s biggest winning scoreline in a competitive match is 13–0, achieved against Jeunesse Hautcharage in the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1971.
13. Chelsea’s biggest loss was an 8–1 reverse against Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1953.
14. Chelsea’s highest appearance-maker is ex-captain Ron Harris, who played in 795 competitive games for the club between 1961 and 1980.
15. The club’s biggest top-flight win was an 8–0 victory against Wigan Athletic in 2010, which was matched in 2012 against Aston Villa.
16. The club’s 21–0 aggregate victory over Jeunesse Hautcharage in the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup in 1971 is also a record in European competition.
17. From 20 March 2004 to 26 October 2008, Chelsea went a record 86 consecutive league matches at home without defeat, beating the previous record of 63 matches unbeaten set by Liverpool between 1978 and 1980.
18. Chelsea hold the English record for the fewest goals conceded during a league season (15).
19. Chelsea holds the highest number of clean sheets overall in a Premier League season (25).
20. Chelsea changed lots of logo till they got the current one, it was launched in 2005 and it is used till now.