What is Freelancing?
Freelancing is the act of writing articles at your desired time for blogs, companies, magazines, newspaper and any online platforms.
Freelancing is nice job to earn a living, an article of over 800 words is valued at $100 -$1000 dollars, you don’t need a degree to begin freelancing, all you need is the idea, what to write, a unique content, an ability to communicate and you can earn as much as you write.
Who’s a Freelance Writer?
A freelance writer is a writer who works on a self-employed basis. They can work for just one magazine or, more often, they write for several different publications at a time. The more diverse a writer can be, the more likely they are to be published and paid for their work.
Being freelance does require a certain amount of self-reliance – there’s no regular, monthly salary, sick or holiday pay to fall back on – so it’s not for everyone. However, for any writer brave enough to become freelance the benefits are enormous. They:
- leave the daily 9 to 5 behind as they are able to choose their own hours
- have the freedom to choose who they work for. So, if they want to, freelance writers can only write about dog training, cats, knitting, backpacking etc
- do not have to engage in a daily commute as most freelance writers use a room in their home as an office
- can tailor their work environment to their own needs with daylight simulation bulbs, ergonomic furniture etc, that would probably not be available in a traditional office
- can take holidays without having to work around colleagues
- can choose how many hours they’d like to work so, they can work for 5, 20 or 40 hours a week
- Earn your desired amount