Here are interesting facts about the super car “Ferrari”:
- It was founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1939 (80 years ago)
- It was founded out of Alfa Romeo’s race division as Auto Avio Costruzioni, the company built its first car in 1940. However, the company’s inception as an auto manufacturer is usually recognized in 1947, when the first Ferrari-badged car was completed.
- The first Ferrari-badged car was the 1947 125 S, powered by a 1.5 L V12 engine
- Since the company’s beginnings, Ferrari has been involved in motorsport, competing in a range of categories including Formula One and sports car racing through its Scuderia Ferrari sporting division
- The famous symbol of the Ferrari race team is the Cavallino Rampante (“prancing horse”) black prancing stallion on a yellow shield, usually with the letters S F (for Scuderia Ferrari), with three stripes of green, white and red (the Italian national colors) at the top.
- The 1940 AAC 815 was the first racing car to be designed by Enzo Ferrari, although it was not badged as a Ferrari model.
- In 2014 Ferrari was rated the world’s most powerful brand by Brand Finance.
- In June 2018, the 1964 250 GTO became the most expensive car in history, setting an all-time record selling price of $70 million.