British man dies in Thailand after firework exploded in his face on New Year’s Eve.
A British Man, Gary McLaren, 50, was killed while he tried lighting up a firework, he found difficulties in lighting it until it blew up at his face. The gentleman died at the scene shortly after midnight, according to reports.
Lt Col Somboon Ua-samanmaitree, from the Thai Tourist Police, told the BBC: “Around midnight, Mr McLaren attempted to light up a large firework but it failed to perform at first.
“After that, it all of a sudden exploded and killed him at the scene.”
Mr McLaren’s associates were seen crying at the scene, where a large firework was found and carried for evidence, the Bangkok announce reported.Police told the BBC that Mr McLaren had visited Thailand before and had arrived a few days prior to New Year’s Eve.