If you have asked the question why do men cheat, you probably know that infidelity has many downsides. However, we shall outline some of the problems that come with a chronic cheating habit. Men who cheat are:
• Likely to do a poor job of fulfilling their parenting duties: often, men who cheat are bad role models for their children
• Unlikely to be loving, caring and supportive husbands
. Likely to infect their wives with STIs
• Unlikely to make their marriages and relationships work
How to deal with a cheating spouse
Anyone who asks the question, why do men cheat likely wants to know if it is possible to make a man stay committed. Please keep in mind that you can’t make anyone stay faithful to you. If they want to cheat, they will always find a way.
However, if you are with a partner who recognizes that they have a problem and they sincerely want to change, you can help them by:
• Understanding your spouse’s emotional and physical needs
• Accepting their sexual advances and being open to intimacy and sexual intercourse when they need it
• Spicing up your sex life
• Communicate effectively and listen to their needs so you can know what areas of their life need work.
• Spend quality time alone together
• Appeal to his sense of worthiness: tell him he’s valued and that you appreciate his role in your life
• Work on yourselves: exercise together and maintain a healthy diet
Remember that man’s decision to cheat is entirely his. Often, there is nothing a spouse can do. If his cheating is as a result of attachment disorder and sex addiction, he’ll need to see a psychologist for his problem.
So, why do men really cheat?
Men stray for a wide range of reasons. If your man is cheating, it is natural to blame yourself for it. You should remember not to blame yourself too harshly. Cheating is often premeditated meaning that they thought about it before they did it.
If you decide to stay in the relationship and this decision is yours to make you can talk to him about what could be making him stray. The idea is to work together to find a solution.
It is important to note that communication is key. Open up the communication lines and keep them useful. Whatever you do, avoid nagging. Insults could end up driving a bigger wedge between the both of you.
If you want to keep your relationship, you can win him over by showering him with love and respect. Let him know how cheating affects you and your relationship with him. Tell him about the side effects of his actions, too.