For the vegan cupcakes
- 275g/9¾oz self-raising flour
- 200ml/7fl oz sunflower oil
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml/7fl oz slightly sweetened soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the vegan vanilla frosting
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g icing sugar
- 150g dairy-free margarine
- Preheat the oven to 190°C .Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cupcake cases
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the sunflower oil, soya milk and vanilla. Use a large metal whisk to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake cakes and bake for 18–20 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin for at least 1 hour before icing.
- To make the frosting, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and add the dairy-free spread and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Either spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes or spoon into a large piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe on top. Leave to set for 30–60 minutes in the fridge before serving.
All in one (The Smarter You)